Job Title: Systems Engineer
Reports To: VP of Operations
Revision Date: 08/15/2017
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are looking for experienced Systems Engineers to guide the end-to-end engineering of our products, including neutron generators, radiography systems, and ion implanters. This position works closely with the customer and/or project manager to develop requirements for each project. The Systems Engineer designs system architectures and performs the necessary modeling to evaluate the behavior of a given design. This position interacts with all disciplines to guide the development of detail product designs. The ideal candidate will possess experience with developing complex electro-mechanical and software systems, and be capable of analyzing the tradeoffs of a given system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop stakeholder through product design requirements with full traceability
- Participate in troubleshooting of electro-mechanical systems, including high voltage power supplies, ion sources, accelerators, and automated control systems
- Guide development of system verification and validation test plans
- Contribute technical best practices across all engineering disciplines
- BS in a related Engineering discipline or equivalent technical experience is required, MS is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Electrical, Mechanical, Controls, or Systems Engineering
- Proficiency with data analysis and modeling tools, such as Matlab and Python, is preferred
- Experience with high reliability systems design is preferred
- Strong technical skills with high voltage, ECR ion sources, and automated controls are preferred
- Relevant design experience is preferred