Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Department: Controls Engineering
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Revision Date: 09/12/17
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Phoenix is seeking a full-stack systems developer with significant database experience to design and implement a data management solution for future systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders to determine requirements for new back end data logging and management for particle accelerator systems
- Develop, implement, and manage a full-stack solution to be deployed on instruments in the field and in house.
- Develop and implement protocols for remote monitoring and management over networks and “sneaker net”
- Manage the life cycle of data for in house systems that include data integrity, security, and backup
- Work with customers in the field to resolve issues and develop custom patches
- Experience successfully implementing open source full stack solutions, e.g., Linux, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL/PostGreSQL, PHP/Python/Java
- Extensive experience in database design and management
- Familiarity with modern UI frameworks and technologies
- Experience with data interchange, query, and storage formats, e.g., JSON, XML, SQL, HDF5
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.