Job Title: Quality Technician
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager
Revision Date: 08/11/2017
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Quality Technician performs quality assurance and quality control functions and supports the Quality Assurance Manager in developing and maintaining quality processes that are consistent with domestic and international standards and regulations and product quality requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain quality assurance procedures, standards and controls
- Contribute to QA creation, oversight and improvement of the following processes:
- Design and development
- Purchasing and Supplier Management
- Incoming inspection and release of materials and products
- Nonconforming material/product
- Equipment calibration and maintenance
- Production and process controls
- Test and evaluation of parts and processes
- Corrective and preventive action
- Employee orientation, training and competency
- Attend and assist in all internal/external audits to ensure they are performed, documented, reviewed and closed
- Interact with and support process improvement for engineering and manufacturing personnel both verbally and in written form
- Associates degree in applicable field of study preferred or equivalent job experience
- Three years’ experience in manufacturing, quality control or quality assurance in a regulated work environment
- Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, schematics, and bills of material
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions and with both internal and external stakeholders, and to communicate ideas and opinions in a proactive and professional manner.
- Proficient using computers for viewing and modifying documentation and general office use
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.