- Design and build functional test set-ups and prototypes.
- Assemble and test selected electrical and mechanical assemblies.
- Analyze, debug and repair components and assemblies from circuit boards to assembled proprietary and non-proprietary modules.
- Work with engineering staff to verify that designs perform in accordance with specifications and requirements.
- Develop and document test and assembly processes and specifications.
- Participate in Engineering design reviews both formal and informal.
- Work with outside services (Supplies, consultants, sub-contractors) along with internal company departments to facilitate design projects.
- Create document and specifications in conjunction with the PNL new product development process and ISO-9001-2015 requirements.
- Must have mechanical/electrical aptitude to build test setups and prototypes and must be independently driven to ensure that projects are completed on time to expectations.
- Must have test experience necessary to understand nuances of various test methods and equipment, when to apply what techniques/tools for a given situation, and how to interpret collected data.
- Must be able to document test setups, procedures, data, etc. to a level that will allow repeatability by another person at a later date.
- Additional positive skills include advanced knowledge of mathematics, various sciences, and engineering experience.
- Ability to grow into an engineering role, experience with developing test procedures for production
- Experience working with standards agencies and designing products to meet specific industry standards is a plus.
- Must have understanding of electrical and electronic circuitry and principles, basic physics and mechanics, and willingness to learn concepts in other disciplines, such as chemistry and nuclear sciences. (Knowledge of: analog and digital control signals, pneumatic, hydraulic, electronic, optical, 3-phase voltage, transducers, electrical hazardous area classifications and required wiring and protection methods, grounding, shielding, segregation, AC coupling, fiber optics, coaxial cable, wireless, paired conductors, fieldbus, industrial networks, and communications protocols are all helpful.)
- Proficiency in AutoCad Electrical and experience in SolidWorks or LabView is very desirable.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a technical environment.
- BS degree in engineering or equivalent.