Job Title: Intern
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Revision Date: 08/18/2017
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Phoenix is looking for interns to perform a variety of roles throughout the design, development, assembly, and testing of our neutron generator and ion implanter products. Interns assist engineering staff of all disciplines, including electrical, mechanical, controls, and research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and test electrical and mechanical assemblies
- Learn proper lab and shop operating procedures
- Assist with documentation of assembly, operation, or test procedures as necessary
- Assist with day-to-day functions in the lab, including cleaning, material handling, and test execution
- High school diploma is required, enrollment in college is preferred
- Interest in science, physics, electronics, or mechanics is beneficial
- Willingness to contribute in a breadth of areas and jobs
- Ability to know when and where help is needed
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.