Job Title: Draftsperson
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Revision Date: 08/04/2017
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Draftsperson is responsible for converting SolidWorks 3D designs into dimensioned prints for purchase and fabrication, for use in custom neutron generator products. This technical function includes part master control and part release processes as well as communication with key suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops dimensioned prints from solid models, checks to make sure all requirements are complete and accurate
- Updates current prints, develops new prints
- Manages the release of individual parts into the parts master
- Develops Bills of Materials and assists in the engineering change process
- Maintains database of existing files and legacy drawings
- Minimum of 2 years drafting experience
- Proficient in SolidWorks, experience in ePDM is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD is preferred
- Experience with MRP systems and document control
- Working knowledge of tolerances and GD&T
- Possesses a very detail-oriented headset with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience with MS Office suite is required
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.