Job Title: Assembly Technician
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Revision Date: 08/29/2017
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Assemble complex mechanical and electrical components and assemblies using engineering drawings and documentation. Works with engineering personnel to improve design and assembly procedures. Test and verify components and assemblies using electrical testing and/or precision measurement equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble a large variety of specialized mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical components and subsystems.
- Verify that vendor supplied components match drawings
- Inspect and clean vacuum components before assembly
- Interact with engineering staff both verbally and in written form
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area
- Perform job duties with minimal instruction or supervision
- Help train new personnel in proper assembly procedures
- Minimal 3 years of mechanical/electrical assembly experience, or similar experience from working in a technical environment
- Elevated level of competence in the use of various hand and power tools
- Experience in interacting with engineering personnel in a technical capacity
- Proficient using computers for viewing and modifying documentation and general office use
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to interpret drawings, schematics, and bills of material
- Familiarity with safe lifting/rigging concepts is desired
- Familiarity with vacuum component handling and testing is desired
- Desire to learn innovative technologies and concepts
- Flexibility to work various shifts and for limited travel is a plus
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on an individual’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations (U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Asylee or Refugee). Also, an individual’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act requiring pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.